This policy has been drawn up to demonstrate a fair and transparent process for awarding grants.
Beech Parish Councils’ annual budget includes a sum of money for grants for projects that will be of benefit to the residents of the Parish.
Any organisation wishing to apply for grant funding must fill in a grant application form (PDF 459KB) and submit it to the Clerk. The applicant must demonstrate that any funding provided by the Parish Council will be of benefit to the residents of the Parish. The Parish Council will not normally make grants to organisations outside of the Parish unless there are direct benefits to the Parish or its residents. Applications should be made for ‘one-off grants’ that will not result in any recurring expenditure for the Parish Council.
The Parish Council will not award grants to Political Parties or Religious organisations unless for a purpose which does not discriminate on grounds of belief.
When considering a grant application the Parish Council will take into account;
- Whether the Parish Council has the power to make the grant
- Whether the applicant has shown a degree of fund-raising on a ‘self help’ basis
- Whether the applicant has applied to other bodies for grant funding for the same project
- Grant requests must be on a completed Beech Parish Council Grant Application Form.
- All requests must include the necessary supporting documentation listed on the application form.
- Completed application forms and documentation should be posted to the Parish Clerk c/o Old Stables, Wield Road, Medstead GU34 5NJ.
- Applications will be considered at a Full Parish Council Meeting and will only be awarded by resolution of the Full Council.
- Applicants are required to attend the meeting to answer any questions councillors may have.
- Grant awards are subject to the availability of sufficient funds.
- Grant awards will be made in a single payment or released in stages upon authorised request as work proceeds depending on the nature and size of the project.
- The Council requires all recipients of Grants to provide a written report of how the grant money has been used. It may take the form of an annual report or set of accounts that clearly identify the manner of spending.
Should you require any further information please contact the Clerk on 01420 562130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download Grant Application Form (PDF 459KB)