We will initially focus on home energy consumption as this is one of the largest contributors to climate change. By better understanding our current consumption and areas that we can more easily (and effectively) change, we have the potential to significantly reduce our energy usage.
- To submit your self assessment of annual CO2 emissions from home energy consumption:
- Thermal Survey (please note that the Thermal Survey is now closed)
- Home Energy Action
- We want to help each householder establish their current CO2 emissions. This is your baseline to measure progression to zero. You can calculate your 2021 CO2 emissions using this link to ‘Self-Assessment tools’
- We think it’s useful for you to compare your emissions to other houses like yours so we want to share the ‘Best in Class’ and average numbers by ‘age group’ (eg houses less than 10 years old)
- We also believe it’s important to track our progress towards zero so we want to check with you every year and share the data on improvement.
- With your permission we would also like to share HOW you make improvement ie what works.
- We ran a Thermal Survey so each householder could assess their property’s insulation and areas of heat loss.
- We will organise a workshop to discuss and share experience and best practise. For example improving:
- Draught proofing
- Windows and or doors